Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Attack of the Big-Headed Baby

Julia had her 2 month appointment yesterday and we are happy to report that in almost most instances she actually has grown!

She has doubled in weight but only added about three inches in length. She is now 10lbs and some change. And 20 inches long.

That puts her in the 25% for weight and less than 3% for height. So, she's short and chubby. Just as she should be.

But her head. Oh her head.

It's in the 50th percentile.

She has a big head.

I just keep telling myself that it's just that she's so damn smart. She's trying so hard to talk to us that her head is swelling from the effort. It is not that she has a freakishly large head. Even though the kiddie kandids portrait we had taken a little over a week ago made her look like an alien baby. One of those gigantic aliens with the huge brussel-sprout heads and big eyes. It must have just been a bad picture. I'm sure that's it.

We took more pictures over the weekend, but I forgot the disk this morning. So... new pictures this evening or tomorrow, I promise!

Posted by Trista @ 8:36 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Um... if something is in the 50th percentile, it means its exactly average.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:47 AM #
 

Yes, but proportionately her head is much larger than her body...

Posted by Blogger Trista @ 6:47 PM #
 

can't wait to see that big head in those pictures!

Posted by Blogger Amanda @ 1:01 PM #
 

didn't i tell you guys about the big head thing in my family? it's up there w/the smartass thing in my family. me, and my brother big head/c-section babies. my bro's kids...collossal heads, but no c-sect. very proud of the big head.
nyles

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 1:34 PM #
 
<< Home