Friday, October 21, 2005

Kristin's first day back to work

Wednesday was my first day back to work, and I had to leave Julia with her grandmother all day. It was really difficult for both Trista and I; however, I think it may have been most difficult for Katie. Katie is Trista's 3 year old niece, and she is not accustomed to sharing Grandma's attention and affection.

Katie: Grandma, I think you need to put that baby down.

Grandma: I can't put the baby down right now. Why don't you go get your baby. You can sit next to me and rock your baby while I take care of Julia.
(Katie gets her doll, rocks her for a while, sings to her and pats her head)

Katie then walks to her Easybake oven, throws her baby inside and says, "I think I'm going to bake this baby."

Posted by queermom @ 6:37 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Work Sucks.

Good Thing Julia has grown so she won't fit in the easy bake over.

Are You doing ok leaving Julia?

Posted by Blogger WendyLou @ 10:00 AM #
 

i know that must be terribly hard for you. i'm so sorry...how wonderful that you have a grandmother willing to help out. My mom's already warning us not to count on her too much! (i think she'll come around though) :)

Posted by Blogger Amanda @ 10:57 AM #
 
<< Home